Friday, June 29, 2007

DVD Review: "Pan's Labyrinth" (2007)

I'm not much of a fantasy genre kind of guy. I've never read a single word from a Harry Potter book, and Lord of the Rings isn't my cup of tea. I'm also not a big fan of horror movies because I don't like to be uncomfortable when I'm kicking back and watching a flick. It's no wonder, then, that I didn't really care for "Pan's Labyrinth", despite its three Oscar wins. Lots of disgusting creatures, gross-outs, and general weirdness going on here, set against an interesting post WW-II backdrop. If you're into that kind of thing, you would probably like it, but I would also recommend against it if you have kids running around, because believe me, this is the stuff that 10-year old nightmares are made of.

Overall rating: 3.5/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home