Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday afternoon update

- No doubt there are some people who think that this is preferable to being considered a staunch ally of the United States.

- After two years of looking for an MD, a Barrie, Ontario woman has been denied service from a new doctor in the area because at 59, she's considered too old. Just another example of the good old centrally planned state-run medicare system at work.

Now, if she was a consumer with the right to choose her own health care provider, she wouldn't have been waiting two years, much less face the indignity of being rejected for care. This is what happens when the supplier and purchaser of medicare are one and the same - the government. And who suffers? The patient who is sometimes left with no care at all, like this poor woman!

And now for some less weighty fare ...

- According to a poll, Angelina Jolie is the biggest fantasy for lesbians.

- For those of you who care, here's a lengthy interview with Van Halen vocalist Michael Anthony, he of the most irritating background vocals in all of rock history.

- Happy St. Patrick's Day. Even though I have Irish blood in me on my mom's side (but 100% unhyphenated Canadian, baby), if there's one thing I hate it's Celtic music. Nevertheless, I'll be using it as an excuse to go down a pint after work. Cheers!

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone of Irish lineage, I make it rule to rarley go out on St. Patrick's Day.

I hate the faux-Irish poseurs who clog the bars and act as if they just stepped off the boat and have close relative who died during the potato famine.

A true Mick needs no reason to get rat-assed.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Road Hammer said...

I could not agree more. In my case, I would go straight home, but I HAVE to go out (for reasons I don't care to mention in a public forum).

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a pub call's itself an "Irish" pub... it is phony. A pub is a pub. It is the staff a regulars that make it unique.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home