Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tories up by 10 as Liberals in full attack mode

New poll here.

Liberal ads here.

A lot of commentators are suggesting these ads may backfire on the Liberals. I don't. I think they'll do exactly what they're intended to do. By the weekend, I think the polls will show the two parties in a dead heat once again. I haven't seen all the ads, but Harper's comments on things like Atlantic Canada and the op-ed by Patrick Basham in the Washington Times are a matter of public record. Some of the others are just hysteria, like how Harper would send the military into the streets of Canada's cities, but there is a certain element of truth to some of what the Liberals have dug up.

This kind of spoonfeeding works. The great unwashed can't, or won't, see through these ads or grasp any subtleties or nuances in Harper's positions beyond the Liberal fearmongering, and so I think they're going to have a negative effect on Tory momentum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home