Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday digest

- On Tuesday, I said that by today, one of Maher, O'Donnell or Franken would express regret that the Vice-President wasn't killed in last week's attempt on his life.

Indeed, my prediction came to pass on Friday evening.

For details, click here.

- Two films that you won't see on the publicly-funded Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, although they were both either made by Canadians or feature Canadians quite prominently: Manufacturing Dissent (more here) and The Great Global Warming Swindle (more here).

- In Cuba, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

- Oxymoron of the day: union democracy. After Big Labour and their political allies pull stunts like this, is it any wonder that working folks are continuing to resist the drive to collectively organize, despite considerable middle-class anxiety along with business getting clobbered all over the place within popular culture? The Wall Street Journal weighs in with a warning here.

- A little context on Iraq? Look no further than VDH.

- Since I'm sure this will be read on a dreary March Monday morning, here's a little joke that was in this week's parish bulletin which Mrs. H and I both found to quite to be our liking:

A little girl and her mother were attending church when the little girl said, "Mommy, can we go? I'm really not feeling too well."

The mom said, "No, we can't leave".

"But I think I'm going to throw up, Mom!"

"Well, just go out the front door quietly and find a bush behind the church. That'll have to do".

So off the little girl went to do her business.

Less than 60 seconds later, she returned.

Her mother said, "That didn't take you long. You couldn't have gone all the way around and in behind the church."

"No Mom, I didn't have to because on my way out, I saw a box beside the door that said 'For the Sick'!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home