Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday digest

- No one should ever mistake me for an analyst of high finance, but I have to say that I'm not surprised by the market correction emanating from China this week. I have long though that the Chinese economy was as overrated as a Kurt Cobain guitar solo, which is to say, quite. Here's an article that explains things in something as close to layman's terms as I've been able to find.

- Sen. Joe Lieberman (CT-I) penned an op-ed in Monday's edition of the Wall St. Journal that is getting considerable attention around the blogosphere. Read it here.

- Ryan Smyth was traded from the Edmonton Oilers to the New York Islanders yesterday because he couldn't come to an agreement on a contract with Oilers GM Kevin Lowe. Smyth, who was looking for a contract in the $5-$6 million dollar-per-year range, openly wept today when he said that he would go to Long Island and try his best to win a Cup in order to bring it back to Edmonton because "that's where his heart is".

That, and a couple hundred grand more that should have come your way, right, Smitty?

Gimme a frickin' break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home