Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thursday digest


Iran thumbs its nose at the UN and what do China, Russia and Europe do?

Not much.

How much credibility does the UN have again?

- A look at the role Pakistan is playing vis-a-vis Afghanistan, here.

- An important reminder that authentic scholarship on globalization cannot ignore the role bad governance plays in Third World poverty.

- VDH: true believer. If I was an aspiring Republican nominee, I'd be putting this guy on my staff as a speechwriter, pronto.

- Finally, we haven't seen big pimpin' like this since Joe Clark peddled his daughter at every photo-op he could in the late 90s. Funny, I don't hear any charges of sexism from the likes of Libby Davies, Alexa McDonough, Hedy Fry and Maria Minna along with their pals.

I wonder why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home