Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday digest


- So little kids can't take McCain drinking boxes on board flights from now on. Remind me that when I have children to not ever take them on a plane unless they are eight years old, minimum. At least no one will be offended (except for the other passengers who will have to endure toddlers screaming for their juice).

- Liberal bright lights Maria Minna, Hedy Fry and Paul Szabo are upset that Wajid Khan is sharing his opinions on the Middle East and Asia with the Prime Minister (see here.) Apparently partisanship is more important than working together across the aisle on issues that have deep ramifications for Canadian society.

A pathetic display.

Meanwhile, Liberal client groups are burning Israeli flags during so-called "peace marches" in Toronto.

And while I'm at it, another reason I've never voted for the party of Trudeaupia, here. Reality check here and here.

- This ceasefire "agreement" is going to be worth about as much as the paper it's printed on. Does anyone not living in the same world as Kofi Annan seriously think Hezbollah/Syria/Iran is going to respect it, especially if it's unclear if Hezbollah must disarm? This is clearly a win for the terrorists, given that it pretty much fails to hold them to account in any meaningful way. I predict that within one year, Benjamin Netanyahu will once again be Prime Minister of Israel.

6 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been skimming this blog for a while. You strike me as a very interesting man. Obviously your talents lie in the intellectual realm and I understand you have recently tied the knot and are starting a family so this would explain why your hawkish views do not translate into service for your country. Perhaps your profession is in the intelligence/military field, I do not know. I believe it would be fitting if you were to die in a terror attack, perhaps visiting London on business. With that, you could fittingly die on the "front lines" in a conflict you seem to aggresively brood over with high emotion.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Road Hammer said...

So if I read you right, St. Laurent, you are thinking that it would be poetic justice if I were to die in a terrorist attack?

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would only be fair.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Road Hammer said...

You are, quite frankly, a lunatic.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger GayandRight said...

pretty disturbing comments from st. laurent.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Road Hammer said...

I don't find complete strangers wishing death upon me, much less death at the hands of terrorists, to be that funny, personally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home