Saturday, June 17, 2006

Album Review: Three Days Grace "One-X" (2006)


I've seen this band live twice, once opening for Nickelback and another time opening for Velvet Revolver. Just like their stage performance, their first disc was intense and impressive, so I picked this one up this week after hearing first single "Animal I Have Become" (which caused to start involuntarily playing air guitar while driving).

I was a little worried upon listening to the whole disc because the second track, "Pain" can only be deemed as filler, and that's a sign of trouble for any band. I thought, "great, here's more tortured hollering from disaffected twenty-somethings - like I haven't heard enough of that" but I knew from experience that this band is capable of more and they don't disappoint with this effort. Lots of potential hits here and what they lack in technical musicianship, they make up for with their songwriting. Check 'em out live if you can and if you like what you see, you'll enjoy this disc.

Overall rating: 7.75/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home