Monday, May 01, 2006

Restaurant Review: Cora's, St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa, ON

Took the bride out to Cora's yesterday morning.

After a quick 15 minute wait in line, we were seated.

All was looking good but the tea leaf that was stuck to the outside of my coffee mug were a sign of the (bad) things to come. It took 30 minutes for us to get our food, and when we did, my bride's potatoes and bacon were both cold. Ugh.

Fortunately for me, their French toast is unbelievable, but it's hard to enjoy a meal when your dining companion isn't enjoying theirs. Also, paying $3.45 for a medium sized glass of OJ puts a damper on things.

If you're going to go, I'd recommend the Bank St. location over this one based on our experience yesterday.

I know this chain is capable of better so I'm hoping for better next time.

Overall rating: 5/10

4 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger mix tape said...

Cora's is ass. I remember before the hype, it was good food, good prices and fast service. Now, the food is still good, the prices are exorbitant and the service mediocre at best. Mind you, it's a franchise, and service/food quality depends on each location. Haven't been to the St Laurent one, but I can testify that the Kanata, downtown and Merivale ones don't make the cut in my books.

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to the one in Orelans and St. Laurent. Both were okay when I went. No wait, pretty quick service. But, I didn't go on a Sunday morning, so perhaps that is why. I refuse to wait in line for breakfast, won't do it.

That being said, the food was alright, but nothing special. I'll take Denny's any day.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cora's should be firebombed and burnt to the ground. The head cook should be shot right through his temple. The Manager..I'd take him out back with some lube and hard, metal pipe.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course if you go to cora's for eggs & bacon its expensive thats NOT their specialty! try the succulent crêpes , fruit platters, french toast , waffles , skillets or even omelette in a crepe!! Those meals are well worth it!
In both orleans and St-laurent i'Ve found that the staff is pleasant and helpful. After having worked in the service industry for a few yrs everyone is entitled to a bad day every once in a while and PLEASE dont take it out on the server when there'S problems in the kitchen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home