Friday, April 28, 2006

Restaurant Review: Curries, Ottawa, ON

When I do a restaurant review here on the Hammer, I like to scour the web for a picture of the place. I thought that since I took a business card from the cash register at this joint with a URL printed on it, I'd have no problem. However, the web address doesn't exist. That's exactly what I expected after eating at this half-assed joint today for lunch.

I don't know about you, but when I get a craving for Indian food, it better deliver. This place doesn't, and the main reason why is because their food just wasn't warm enough. I'm not talking spice, I'm talking heat. There's nothing worse than biting into a lukewarm piece of butter chicken.

Service is also not that great. My friend and I were sitting for a good 5 minutes before the server came up and poured us some water. That's a long time.

Bottom line - despite the low price ($7.99) for the lunch buffet, I'd say that you're better off going elsewhere in the downtown core for Indian food.

Gloucester at O'Connor, and wheelchair inaccessible as far as I could tell.

Overall rating: 3/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home