Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A small sample of remarks from Iraqi-Americans who are voting

Courtesy of Human Events:

- Banaz Aku, 20, of Manchester, N.H., who fled Iraq in 1996: “I’m here today with the hope that one day my country is peaceful. … No more fighting.”

Lina Omar, who works at the Iraq Embassy in Washington: “It’s a very important day … Iraq needs all of us.”

Heymin Abdul, 27, of Harrisonburg, Va., a Kurd who moved to the United States in 1997: “We thank God for the U.S.A. that we’re successful now … to rebuild our country and stay in peace.”

Karim Hama, 31, of Harrisonburg, Va.: “We’ve come here to make sure what happened in [Iraq’s] past never happens again.”

Ayad Alsaidi, 39, of Fairfax, Va.: “I’d like to thank the U.S.A. for giving freedom to my country. That’s why I’m here today. … I want Iraq to be a wonderful place. No more problems.”

Kawsrat Mahmoud, 21, of Fairfax, Va., who immigrated to the United States in 2001: “I feel like I’m being born again.”

Raise a purple finger for freedom!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home