Saturday, August 11, 2007

Film Review: "The Bourne Ultimatum" (2007)

The third chapter in the "Bourne" series of films finds the protagonist coming full circle delivered via a script which is a taut, briskly-paced affair based on internal power struggles and underhandedness within an arrogant CIA. Perhaps it's because I was seated in the third row at the cinema tonight, but I found "The Bourne Ultimatum" to be much, much better than either of its predecessors, both of which I saw on DVD. However, if, like me, you don't like "24" because of the hand-held camera shots, you ought to be forewarned, especially if you end up sitting as close as I did. Heralded by critics as the best action movie to come along in quite some time, I would agree, but there's a small plot hole and a couple of unbelievable moments, all of which occur in the last third of the movie, leaving both a bad taste in my mouth and shaving a little bit off the overall rating. Still, it's a good ride.

Overall rating: 8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home