Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tuesday digest

- I have never been much of a dog guy, partially because the last thing I want to be is one of those people who treat something with four legs as if it was their own offspring. Now, I have another reason - the sad and confused looking breed known as the "labradoodle", which is a cross between a poodle and a Labrador retriever.

Who the hell came up with this idea?

I'm sure you'll agree with me that things are now officially out of hand in the animal kingdom.

- Loonie left play of the day comes to us from Mark Ellingham, founder of the travel book series known as the Rouge Guides. According to Ellingham, there is such a thing as binge flying and it needs to be stopped in the name of global warming. "It is hard to say the positive impact travelling has can ever outweigh the damage done by simply travelling to the destination," says Ellingham. "Balancing all the positives and negatives, I'm not convinced there is such a thing as a "responsible" or "ethical" holiday."

Puh-leeze.

- An open letter to soldiers in Iraq, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home