Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday digest

- The NHL playoffs opened this weekend. I think it's premature to talk about the way the games are going with only one or two in the book so far, but one thing I can't help but notice: is it just me, or does NBC's coverage completely outclass the CBC's? The production values are so much better. The Edmonton-Detroit game yesterday looked and sounded like it was taking place underwater on the CBC, while over at NBC, the volume was jacked up, the lighting was much brighter, and the announcers were actually awake.

- Canada lost four soldiers this weekend in a roadside bombing. I hope their families can take comfort in knowing that millions of Canadians and our allies are grieving their deaths as well. Bin Laden can't hide forever and courageous young men and women like those four are going to be the ones who capture him and bring him to justice.

- Speaking of al-Qaeda, it's now apparent that the litmus test for being anti-Islam is whether or not you agree with the funding of suicide bombers. If that's the case, then put me foursquare in the anti-Islam camp. Here's why.

- Has there been a politician in recent memory who so transparently cares about so little besides their own publicity than John McCain?

- Happy belated Earth Day. (I think it was this weekend or something, but I'm not really sure. Shows you how much I care about my unborn kids, I guess.)

- A couple of interesting looks at how we define compassionate societies, here and
here.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cbc's choice to bring in their football play by play guy to call edm/det to either save money or be loyal is ridiculous. He is fing terrible. Give my buddy Joey Bowen a call....Holeeeeeeee Mackinaaaaaaa
HDTV RULES.

Anybody else surprised by carolina and dallas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home