Friday, February 03, 2006

Restaurant Review: The Prescott Hotel, Ottawa, ON


Dropped into the "P" the other night with a buddy of mine after our first choice was found to be undergoing renovations and a name change. After downing a few frosty pints of draft Molson Ex, which is uniquely chilled by a plastic cylinder in the middle of all of the Prescott's pitchers, we made our way to the menu. I ordered up some medium wings, this time forgoing the pizza and meatball sandwiches that the place has become famous for. That was a mistake. My poultry was overdone and lukewarm. My buddy seemed quite satisfied with his beef dip but I couldn't say the same. No matter, because I was there for the beer, really, and it was nothing a bowl of Life cereal couldn't take care of once I got home.

The "P" is a great place because it's authentic, traditional and down to earth without being scuzzy. You can take a lady there and she'll feel right at home, especially if she drinks quarts. Finally, they have hockey trivia going on most nights in the winter. Just don't have the wings.

Overall rating: 8/10

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger mix tape said...

Fun place but I do have to say that the beef dip I had was at best decent but definitely not outstanding.

My rating goes the same as with you Hammer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home