Friday, December 23, 2005

A Festivus for the rest of us



To avoid being exlusionary, I will not wish any of you Hammerheads a Merry Christmas or a Happy Hanukah. Instead, we should focus on a holiday we can all be a part of:

Festivus.

Festivus is celebrated on December 23. First on the order of precedence is the "Airing of Grievances", where you tell your friends and family about how they have disappointed you over the last year. This leads into "Feats of Strength", and the less said about that, the better. Finally, instead of a tree, at Festivus we use a pole. No tinsel, no lights, no nothing, as they are simply distractions.

To commemmorate Festivus, donations to the Human Fund can be sent to road__hammer@hotmail.com. Donations that are less than $50 will not be accepted.

More seriously, in an attempt to prove I have hobbies other than raining blows on Bobcaygeon via this blog (an attempt at which I fully expect to fail), I will be hopping on the Net only sporadically over the next week and a half.

I hope everyone who reads this has a safe and rewarding holiday season and I look forward to preaching to the masses (does that term expose my hidden religious right-wing agenda?!?) in 2006.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home