Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday digest


- Today we pay tribute to man who, through faith, was a tireless champion of the dignity of the individual.

Let us never forget his words from August 28, 1963: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will be judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".

- More on that blatantly dishonest (not to mention laughably facile) Toronto Star piece on poverty from this past weekend which I referred to briefly in Saturday's daily digest, here.

Is it any wonder that we are a nation of economic illiterates?

- I have to say that I don't feel a bit of enmity for Hillary Clinton, and in fact, I can think of quite a few people who would make far worse Presidents than her. Not only is she generally hawkish, but having her in office would be a massive middle finger to Islamists, who don't even let women drive - much less run for office.

- Have you ever wondered why European countries are a thorn in Israel's side? Here's a lengthy, yet informative answer.

- Take a look at how Australia doesn't pull punches when it comes to combatting terror.