Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rock Star: Supernova


Everbody who knows me knows that there are few passions in my life that equal my love for heavy metal music. In fact, the older I get, the more I have grown to appreciate it. Naturally, I watched tonight's debut episode of Rock Star: Supernova with curiosity, having seen every member of the band in concert at least twice (in the case of bassist Jason Newsted, four times, three with Metallica and once with Ozzy). I wouldn't have watched on my own, thinking it was altogether too contrived, but my wife had it on and now I just know I'm going to get sucked in. So, if I were a betting man, here are my odds-on favourites to finish in the top three this summer on the show.

To win: Dilana


To place: Lukas


To show: Storm


Honourable mention: Patrice


I think that it's really Dilana's for the taking. She just fits. You gotta see her to know what I'm talking about. The guys in the band seemed to love Lukas but I didn't ... he looks like a Scott Weiland wanna-be and there's already one supergroup with him fronting it. Storm has an outside shot because she's got great pipes, good stage presence, lots of tats and plus you just know Tommy wants to hit that big time. I liked Patrice but I think the competition is just too strong.

Metalheads and hard rockers, give this show a shot. It's not nearly as lame as it sounds, trust me.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for the Crew getting back in the studio like they said during their tour.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Road Hammer said...

See this interview with Vince:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/47306

 

Post a Comment

<< Home