Thursday, December 22, 2005

This is just going to annoy the elitists even more

It appears that US Vice-Prez Dick Cheney is a rasslin' fan. From www.wwe.com:

Vice President Dick Cheney recently visited the troops stationed at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan. While there, Mr. Cheney let it be known that he would have liked to have been there when WWE was there for the Tribute to the Troops show. Here is a sampling of Mr. Cheney's speech:

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Don't hold back. (Laughter.) Well, that's quite a welcome. And Lynne and I are delighted to be here today. And I want to thank you for that fantastic welcome. And, General Eikenberry, for your kind words, and say good afternoon to my fellow Americans. Let me also thank General Sterling and Command Sergeant Major Savusa. It's great to be here today. I have a message from the folks back home: We're proud of you; we're grateful for your service; and we're behind you 100 percent.

It's good to be back at Bagram Air Field, and to express our country's appreciation to every man and woman in Joint Task Force 76. I'm only sorry I didn't come earlier this month. Somebody told me I missed a chance to meet Vince McMahon, Big Show, and Triple H. (Applause.)

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you say speech writer? They knew that line would fly with the meatheads over there. Cheney is too busy holding neoconservative symposiums to watch wrestling

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Road Hammer said...

I should have known better.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Matt Reinhart, a peruser of this nice little blog.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Road Hammer said...

Welcome, Matt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home